Friday, July 15, 2011

Blanket Guessing Game

Hi! It's me. I haven't abandoned Flannel Friday, or my blog for that matter. This summer is, well, I'll save that for another post.

Earlier this year I did a blanket-themed storytime and whipped up these little blankets using the tried and true paper-weaving technique, but with felt.  I had to glue the ends of the pieces so it didn't come apart, but all in all it didn't take more than 15 minutes to make these.  I have a bunch of little felt animals that I was given--and there are ten of each kind so they're really useful!

They are great for all manner of guessing games.  For the blanket themed storytime, first we 'discovered' who was hiding behind each blanket and named the colors of the blankets, the animals, and the colors of the animals.  Then I put the blankets back on with little clues sticking out, and asked different types of questions:




"What color blanket is the black and white animal hiding under?"
"What color is the animal hiding under the purple blanket?"
"What is the black and white animal called?"




I plan on making some more of the blankets in different colors to expand the game a bit more!
posted from Bloggeroid

1 comment:

  1. I love this! Great idea. The blankets even look cozy. If you did a red and white one, it could be a picnic cloth too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...