Friday, October 21, 2011

(Inspired by) Flannel Friday--Five Creepy Monsters

A few weeks ago when I hosted the Flannel Friday roundup I fell head over heels in love with Cate's creepy monsters. I NEVER sing 'Five Little Monkeys on the Bed" in ST--I dunno why, just bored by it, I guess? But, monsters jumping on the bed?! I'll use those adorable little guys all year. I didn't even really try to branch out, Cate's monsters were sooooo cute. So my "inspired by" is more like direct imitation.



I did add a Mama Monster. And I chose different colors/decorations for my lil' creepers.





I chose different belly shapes so we will have more options for things to discuss in ST--shapes, colors, emotions.





The other way I will use them is with a, "Five Little Whatsits" type rhyme, such as this one:

Five little monsters sitting on the floor.
Five little monsters sitting on the floor
The [red] one said, "Let's knock on someone's door."
The [green] one said, "Let's act a little scary."
The [white] one said, "Why are we so hairy?"
The [blue] one said, "I hear a funny sound."
The [pink] one said, "There's no one else around."
Then "WHOOSH" went the wind and "EEK!" someone said.
So five little monsters ran under the bed.

If I used that rhyme, I would probably stick with using ordinal numbers instead of colors. I don't often use a, "Five Little Whatsits" rhyme, but when I do I like to use it to practice/introduce counting with ordinal numbers. "First, second, third, fourth, fifth!"





Check Mollie's Blog for this week's full round-up.

4 comments:

  1. those are some of the cutest "scary" monsters I've seen. Love the color schemes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy moly! you out-done me again! I tried to make little monster tongues, but totally failed. Super cute. Oh and lost it at the line "why are we so hairy?" Poor little guy! I hope he doesn't develop a complex.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am catching up! Am totally in love with the look on mama monster's face. Yay for their tummy shapes! You always inspire me. Thanks to you and Cate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Miss Anna:

    Thanks for being so creative - I hope you don't mind that I copied a copy of your copy. You can check it out at:

    http://guybrarian.wordpress.com/2011/12/10/felt-board-story-five-little-wild-crazy-monsters/

    Many thanks (I love your monsters!)

    Michael

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...